Modules for Windows environment

For general discussions related to SynthMaker.

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

Modules for Windows environment

Postby rocko on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:44 am

Dear friends,

I'm quite a greenie here, with the experience of making simple patches myself.

I'd like to ask if I can use Synthmaker as a stand alone unit in Windows 7 configuration, without any DAW host.

Application Example:
Build an EQ that can control the frequency range of the output of my (Windows 7) laptop speakers.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Rocko
rocko
essemist

Re: Modules for Windows environment

Postby trogluddite on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi there Rocko,
Once you have your schematic exported as an .exe application, you will need a way to send audio between applications. I haven't done this myself, but I have heard good things about Virtual Audio Cable, which you can find HERE. According to the website, it is Win7 compatible. Note that is not free - but the cost is quite cheap (about $30).

You would then use the Virtual Audio Cables to send sound from your media players/system sounds etc. into your EQ, and to send the EQ output to your speakers.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby rocko on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I'll check it out and update.
rocko
essemist

Postby infuzion on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 am

Actually, I've noticed that I can use Direct Sound In IIRC to get at system audio inside SM, perhaps within an exe?
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby rocko on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am

Actually, I've noticed that I can use Direct Sound In IIRC to get at system audio inside SM, perhaps within an exe?

Could you please explain what do you mean here? What is IIRC?
rocko
essemist

Postby trogluddite on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:42 pm

rocko wrote:What is IIRC?

Nothing technical - just internet jargon...
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby aliasant on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Another way..

If your soundcard has a digital out and a digital input you could simply connect a cable between them and then set your systems audio to use the Digital Output.
Then in your exe you set the Digital Input as the source and then whatever audio output you use.

I use something like this except I have 2 soundcards, 1 External, Firewire and the motherboards own. I have a cable that goes out from my motherboards Optical Out on the computers back into my firewire interface.

Works with virtually no latency.
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Return to General