paste synchronize vs presets

If you require help or assistance with anything then please post here

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

paste synchronize vs presets

Postby tester on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Paste synchronize duplicates all elements and values. Thus - if preset names are changed in a module manually - the same change is added to all synced modules. But I see, that if for example in one slider - I change the preset name from properties dialog - then although two sliders are synced, they retain their unique and different names. In other words - to retain different preset names for synchronized modules - a string that defines the preset name - must be pushed to the properties dialog (by adding the 'property' mark), yes? Is there anything else to pay attention to?
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester
smanatic

Re: paste synchronize vs presets

Postby Mo on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Yes, you got it right.
Mo
essemilian

Re: paste synchronize vs presets

Postby trogluddite on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Yup, looks like you have that right.
The same thing applies to anything else that you place on the properties panel - e.g. integers, floats, boolean, index selectors etc.
Very rarely, I have found that the 'independence' is lost if sync'ed modules are nested. e.g. inside a synchronised module there are 'sub-modules' which are themselves synchronised to others outside of the 'parent'. I think SM just gets a bit confused about which layer of synchronisation takes precedence, and properties sometimes get copied when they shouldn't.

There is also an undocumented keyboard shortcut... Ctrl+Shift+Alt+'S'. this brings up a dialogue where you can remove all synchronisation for the entire schematic. As there is no 'find' option to locate synchronised modules, it can sometimes be handy if your sync'ing has got into a bit of a mess (like mine often does!).
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Help