2.0.4: String Array does not like 1-d String input

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

2.0.4: String Array does not like 1-d String input

Postby infuzion on Wed May 18, 2011 4:54 am

1st Bug: If you input an 1-d String output into a Append String Array, it will be ignored. See attached picture.
Workaround: Works if you use a Text to append or String primitive in the middle. But you have to be careful & test with if a New Line is needed.

2nd Bug: Seems when you put a Text output that has no New Lines after the last line, through a String Array connector, an extra New Line is added at the end. May cause unexpected behavior.
Attachments
bug2.0.4StringArrayAppend.PNG
bug2.0.4StringArrayAppend.PNG (27.15 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: 2.0.4: String Array does not like 1-d String input

Postby trogluddite on Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

infuzion wrote:String primitive in the middle

I've had similar problems in the past trying to set array contents using strings that are switched/selected/VST presets (float and int arrays too). The same solution of putting a string prim' in between seems to work for those too.
Y U No Update.png
Y U No Update.png (26.92 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks for the conformation Trog!
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby trogluddite on Wed May 18, 2011 2:21 pm

BTW - this problem is quite old, before SM2 even, I think (the trouble with the 'Append' is just an instance of the same problem with a new primitive). I've sent Malc a reminder to look into it for the next update.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Bugs