2.0.4 Aftertouch does not work when exported to VST

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

2.0.4 Aftertouch does not work when exported to VST

Postby xmidiman on Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 am

Note: This problem appears to be only when exported to VST, works fine inside SM.

I am testing with FL Studio 10, which I see midi input(the midi in indicator in FL Studio) when I use aftertouch, however there is no response on my vst(or this example).

I made a little example that you can see yourself.
Aftertouch controls the filter and the LED should light up when it receives aftertouch data.

I am using a Novation ReMOTE 61SL.

Edit: This appears to work in FL's SM version... Kinda had to hack at it, by using PC keyboard to play notes, and my Novation to use the aftertouch... It wont let me use the same midi device inside FL. >:(
Attachments
Aftertouch_bug_In_VST_Export.osm
(162.08 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
AftertouchBugVSTexport.rar
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
xmidiman
essemist

Re: 2.0.4 Aftertouch does not work when exported to VST

Postby trogluddite on Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Aftertouch seems to be working OK in Reaper, VSTHost and Cubase (I'm also using a ReMOTE controller).
I don't have FL, so I don't know what could be different with that, maybe it is filtering out the aftertouch data somewhere.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby xmidiman on Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Things like pitch bend and mod wheel work fine with no custom setup, but aftertouch doesnt work unless I link its controller to any knob. So the data is coming thru, just not inside the VST.
Were you able to get it to work with my example file or your own project?
xmidiman
essemist

Postby trogluddite on Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 pm

My main sequencer PC's not on the net, so I knocked up a quick test plugin myself - just the AT + float readout/LED part of your schematic, but without any of the 'synth' parts. I'll try to have a go with yours, but I need to find my USB stick so that I can transfer the file over!
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Bugs