SM2.0.5:module boarderless, Properties button, wireless icon

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

SM2.0.5:module boarderless, Properties button, wireless icon

Postby infuzion on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Bugs: When the Mouse Area window reaches all the way to the bottom, leaving no room for a boundary (& the module boundary is turned off), and you have the Properties turned on, you can not click on the (P) button, due to the Mouse Area eating the LMB clicks.
edit: Also, if the boundary is off, seems redraws makes the (P) button disappear until you click on the (invisible) module boundary.
The file in question is attached, edited from here.

Suggestion: If you have both Wireless Outs & Properties on, the wireless green icon gets moved to the upper-right corner. I would hope it just stays up there full time, so I don't have to hunt for it ;). Maybe also rotate it -45 degrees to fit better.

cheers
Attachments
History Analyser v04 GUI list testing CircularBuffer.osm
(8.57 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by infuzion on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: SM2.0.5:module boarderless,Properties button, wireless icon

Postby infuzion on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 am

Another issue with boarderless modules: If you move them from the toolbox onto your workspace, the title of the module disappears.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: SM2.0.5:module boarderless, Properties button, wireless icon

Postby trogluddite on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks for posting that one.
I noticed it for the first time when working on the same schematic - all the GUI options were originally to be properties, but I decided to put them on the main GUI when I found I couldn't open the panel.
The main GUI options work so nicely, I must have convinced myself that I did it that way on purpose - and forgot all about the bug!

infuzion wrote:Another issue with boarderless modules: If you move them from the toolbox onto your workspace, the title of the module disappears.

I always thought that was on purpose!
Borderless modules are most useful for making things that look and behave like primitives - i.e. the GUI used identifies itself (e.g. add primitives are a circle with '+' in the middle). You then retain the option of adding a label to identify a particular instance (e.g. 'Calculates the Total').
The initial naming is then just used to help find it later in the toolbox, and so that the search feature is about 1% more likely to actually locate what you're really looking for!

Or maybe it's just a happy accident that I happen to be fond of a really nasty bug! ;)
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Bugs