Large Array Memory Problem (FIXED)

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

Re: Large Array Memory Problem (FIXED)

Postby trogluddite on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm

He he, yes, so often when my assembly is broken, it's because of a spelling mistake.

This case was so weird - I never would have thought that a duplicate variable name would have caused a problem for a whole schematic, and because it was just a copied line (not meant to be there at all), it didn't break the code in its own primitive (it is one of very few that DON'T have an array in there!).

I know I have my 'what should happen to SM' rants every now and then, but I really am impressed with Malc's determination spending three days examining my dodgy workmanship to find the solution; and also to put a 'safety net' on his 'to do list' so that I can't accidentally do it again!
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 pm

trogluddite wrote:I know I have my 'what should happen to SM' rants every now and then, but I really am impressed with Malc's determination spending three days examining my dodgy workmanship to find the solution; and also to put a 'safety net' on his 'to do list' so that I can't accidentally do it again!
+1 O:)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby rl on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:24 am

trogluddite wrote:..impressed with Malc's determination spending three days ...

so, punk, you're telling us you are responsible for another 3 days delay on the implementation of a proper timing system? ;-)
rl
dsp wiz

Postby philter5 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:44 am

rl wrote:
trogluddite wrote:..impressed with Malc's determination spending three days ...

so, punk, you're telling us you are responsible for another 3 days delay on the implementation of a proper timing system? ;-)

LOL
---Yes, a piece of software CAN be your best friend---
philter5
smaniac

Postby trogluddite on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 am

He he he he he he he!!!

I realise now that SM would be the most powerful DSP tool in the universe, if only it weren't for my atrocious keyboard and proof-reading skills! xP

I suppose I ought to go through the forum and delete all of the modules and tutorials I've posted - who knows what havoc I have been wreaking with all of your schematics and SM installations! 3:)
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby aliasant on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 am

trogluddite wrote:He he he he he he he!!!

I realise now that SM would be the most powerful DSP tool in the universe, if only it weren't for my atrocious keyboard and proof-reading skills! xP

I suppose I ought to go through the forum and delete all of the modules and tutorials I've posted - who knows what havoc I have been wreaking with all of your schematics and SM installations! 3:)

LOL!! :D
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Postby philter5 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:32 am

hahaha so trog you´re the one that hides a little module in every of your OSMs that remotely switches theese trigger
bugs in our SM installations on and off randomly, 3:) sitting in front of hundreds of screens and watching all the SM user going crazy ROFL :D
philter5
smaniac

Postby trogluddite on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 am

The developers of SynthEdit, MaxMSP and Juce pay me a lot of money for it you know! 3:)
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby philter5 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:08 am

...i knew it...damn...do you think they are interested in my Flowstone Audio&Video Observation System which i use to spy out other users ? i really need some money hehehe
philter5
smaniac

Previous

Return to Bugs