String Format does not take Int inputs

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

String Format does not take Int inputs

Postby infuzion on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:39 am

Remove the inline Float in this file & see what happens:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10844&start=10
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: String Format does not take Int inputs

Postby trogluddite on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 am

Ooh Err, that is not good - it can't even get zero right!
Seem to remember that this always was a bit of a dodgy module - crashes when changing the format string etc...
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby oddson on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:53 pm

trogluddite wrote:...Seem to remember that this always was a bit of a dodgy module - crashes when changing the format string etc...

Absolutely - I always thought it deserved the R&D designation more than a bunch that still have it and yet are rock solid (e.g. parser primitives!?).

But it works well if you make sure you feed it a float (not a string as it's labelling suggests) and you make sure the 'format specification string' is valid before you connect it.

I don't even bother figuring out the format strings for it any more... I use a higher-level module I made ages ago to get the job done. It uses a purgable module to generate the specification string so it adds virtually no overhead to exported files.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5929&p=44762#p44762

For history on this module see also:
viewtopic.php?t=1116
viewtopic.php?t=1125
viewtopic.php?t=5929
viewtopic.php?t=9460
oddson
wiki guru

Postby trogluddite on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 pm

That's very handy - Thanks. :)
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Bugs