Strange Connectors Bug

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

Strange Connectors Bug

Postby Neptune on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,

can someone please check this strange behaviour of the connectors.
I disconnected a knob from an input. But the knob remains in the schematic.
When i then move the disconnected knob it still affects the schematic. But for a different input.
It makes of course no sense to leave an unused knob inside the osm, but still -> how can this happen?

Thanks.
Neptune
Attachments
bug.osm
(75.63 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Neptune
essemilian

Re: Strange Connectors Bug

Postby trogluddite on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

:o
Remember, it was Halloween last night - maybe your schematic is haunted!! 3:)

That is very weird - never noticed it happen before. I thought at first maybe preset manager, or a rogue wireless link - but no, it is the knob's float output connector that seems to have mysterious powers. You can even disconnect/reconnect from inside the knob, or rename it, and it stays stubbornly linked to the code 'streamin'.

You should send the schematic to admin, that's definitely a bug!
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm trying to reproduce, but am unclear of the steps...
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby trogluddite on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:17 pm

On the 'page' of the schematic that opens - remove the link from the lone knob to the code box. (Oh, and engage MIDI In/Audio Out to play notes).
With a note playing, wiggle the disconnected knob - it still affects the tuning of the oscillator in the code. The droplist selection (after the code box), chooses how many oscillators you hear. Using this you can deduce that it is the 'f3' input that is responding to the 'orphan' knob - but, even when it was connected, it never went to that input!
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:39 am

Well if Troggi can confirm it, then Neptune it would be best to email support@ with a link to this thread; needs to be addressed ASAP.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby Neptune on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 pm

infuzion wrote:Well if Troggi can confirm it, then Neptune it would be best to email support@ with a link to this thread; needs to be addressed ASAP.

sent to support...
Neptune
essemilian

Postby Neptune on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:05 pm

I just recognized that when i double (copy or recreate) the osc the 2nd OSC does not work at all :(
Neptune
essemilian

Postby cyto on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:05 am

Did we ever resolve this bug? I'm experiencing a very similar situation and it is driving me nuts. Unfortunately, I cannot post the schematic here (not mine to post) but I am pretty sure that the situation is the same, or at least shares the same fundamental bug. Neptune, any word from Outsim on this?

-cyto
cyto
essemilian

Return to Bugs