Module string output odd behaviour

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

Module string output odd behaviour

Postby Dozius on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Did a quick search and didn't see this anywhere.

I was making a colour to string module when I encountered this behaviour. You can see from the screenshot that the string when connected to a string primitive is correct and any colour module put after the primitive obtains the correct colour. However any colour module attached directly to the string output shows up as pure white. Surely this is not intended behaviour.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (23.78 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Attachments
String bug.osm
(418 Bytes) Downloaded 152 times
Dozius
essemist

Re: Module string output odd behaviour

Postby infuzion on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 am

I agree; seems that the String-input-concoct works, but somehow is not perfect for the Color.
Another bug: replacing the String primitive with a String Sample & Hold makes all 0.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: Module string output odd behaviour

Postby trogluddite on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:04 am

This isn't the only situation where the string box is needed in between - I've had to use a similar workaround before when setting edit boxes, and sometimes when using a CSV string to set array contents.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Return to Bugs