Primitive for "tagging" modules

Suggest new features, components or other changes to the software

Moderator: electrogear

what do you think about a primitive to "tag" modules for the toolbox search

Useless. we have the "tooltip help" primitive and that´s enough.
25%
Would be nice .can be used for tagging while the "tooltip help" primitive contains general infos
75%
Doesn´t matter for me if we have a TAG prim or not. If we get one, nobody is forced to use it
No votes

Total votes : 4

Primitive for "tagging" modules

Postby philter5 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm

i thought about a small primitive for "tagging" modules so that they can be found faster/better inside the toolbox.
okay, we have the tooltip help primitive but the results in the toolbox search are sometimes very strange because EVERY
word from the tooltip help string gets in the results. (e.g. every description with the word "Not" in it will be found if you search for a "boolean NOT" primitive). it would be nice to leave the tooltip help like it is( to store a description of the module) but perhaps exclude the description from the search / use only the bold first line for search )
like here in the picture, the search should only read the words "MIDI Aftertouch", but perhaps ignore the rest Image

then it would be nice to have another primitive that is ONLY for giving the module tags that can be read by the toolbox search, like this: Image.
this way every user can decide how he would "tag" his modules without changing the main description/the tooltip help.

just a small idea to make the whole toolbox-chaos a bit more organized. a related topic can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10669
---Yes, a piece of software CAN be your best friend---
philter5
smaniac

Re: Primitive for "tagging" modules

Postby infuzion on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 am

+1 for literal Primitive name searching.
I really do not care either way for the rest.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby aliasant on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:26 am

I have asked for something similar before but then again. The whole toolbox system needs to be completely remade. Its truly horrible.
Still a primitive for tags would really work well for me so +1
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Postby MegaHurtz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:10 am

+1 +1
Aliassing.. No, Bad logics.. Yes.
MegaHurtz
smaniac

Return to Ideas and Requests