multisample sf2/kontakt/halion/gig format support

Suggest new features, components or other changes to the software

Moderator: electrogear

multisample sf2/kontakt/halion/gig format support

Postby ansuman on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 pm

hi,

well support for multisamples and that to soundfonts,dls,halion and kontakt and even giga can be a great venture if supported in the next version.

i tried to implement that sort of multisample feature using wave array and wave read modules,where i loaded some 10 samples built them into a kit and then loaded them using the wave read modules but thats not working in the main modules.

or any sort of native (synthmaker) format-particularly for multisamples can be added here using wave array and wave read modules...

tat will be a great work!!!!!
ansuman
essemer

Postby skOre on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:45 pm

Well, you are asking to support all the major (mostly proprietary) formats at once in the next version? Not only do I call that insane, its also really far down on any list that the devs are probably working on.

Theres a lot of other stuff to be done before anything so high level as support for other softwares formats should be considered.
Support me and other developers by subscribing to our community at audiooak
skOre
smaniac

just sf2 or native multisample support

Postby ansuman on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 am

hey i am not saying that it ll be all of a sudden possible to implement that.but atleast sf2(soundfont) can de implemented.

and using the wave array a separate format can be made out that supports loading and creating multisamples from wave files using massive array strucutures.

i do always respect the work by the dev team and always bow my head before them...

i am saying in particular as like this
EXAMPLE
-----------
wave array--->(20 wavs with wave index) tuned to separate keys---->wave load/save----->multisample (some new synthmaker format will be good)

CHEERS...
ansuman
essemer

Re: multisample sf2/kontakt/halion/gig format support

Postby vstsound on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:55 pm

ansuman wrote:hi,

well support for multisamples and that to soundfonts,dls,halion and kontakt and even giga can be a great venture if supported in the next version.

i tried to implement that sort of multisample feature using wave array and wave read modules,where i loaded some 10 samples built them into a kit and then loaded them using the wave read modules but thats not working in the main modules.

or any sort of native (synthmaker) format-particularly for multisamples can be added here using wave array and wave read modules...

tat will be a great work!!!!!

It would be great if SynthMaker read format NI KONTAKT (NKI) in a fully
This will help you to create VST easily!
vstsound
essemer

Postby infuzion on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 am

vstsound wrote:It would be great if SynthMaker read format NI KONTAKT (NKI) in a fully
This will help you to create VST easily!
Never will happen; the newest v5 & even the latest v4 patch are compressed, in a way I don't think anyone cracked yet. Besides, way better to have a 3rd party app do the conversion. SM needs dev time to go 64bit right now IMHO.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby stw on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 pm

infuzion wrote: SM needs dev time to go 64bit right now IMHO.

Will it?
stw
smanatic

Postby trogluddite on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Let's hope so, I notice that already there is discussion on the FlowStone forum about 64bit, MaxOS etc.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby stw on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 pm

trogluddite wrote:Let's hope so, I notice that already there is discussion on the FlowStone forum about 64bit, MaxOS etc.

Hehe,
we had discussions about OSX long before Flowstone was even born.... 3:)
stw
smanatic

Postby infuzion on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

stw wrote:
trogluddite wrote:Let's hope so, I notice that already there is discussion on the FlowStone forum about 64bit, MaxOS etc.
we had discussions about OSX long before Flowstone was even born.... 3:)
& 64bit...
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby CoreStyler on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 am

Should be possible to open NKI or any multisamples based on text+waves.
The fact, is that should be possibile (i think) to make a NKI parser but nki xml is build in a way non-user-readable.
I see that at "open sampler" there is a c++ source for making nki format to xml.
Should be possible to:
exec a c++ program compiled to de-compile the NKI text. Then create an array parser that loads keys, velocity, etc etc...
with the waves contained into /samples folder.
Recall settings and waves.
Should also be possible ( i think ) to exec a program that convert xml and extract waves from monlith.
Usign a temp path, then rebuild the "array readed" and "save waves" to fit to an OSM.

Correct me if is not theorically possible ;)
http://www.thecorestylerz.net
Sound Design, synth development and websites building...
SM COMMUNITY IS MOVING TO
www.synthmakers.net
CoreStyler
essemilian

Return to Ideas and Requests