Mac OSX version?

Suggest new features, components or other changes to the software

Moderator: electrogear

Mac OSX version?

Postby ffx on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 am

I think it would be a really nice feature, if you port your application to Mac OSX intel.
ffx
essemer

Postby ffx on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 am

Or make your application runnable on Windows emulations like CrossOverMac and support Mac VST export would be enough too...
ffx
essemer

Postby infuzion on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am

Search is your friend
http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=osx
http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=osx
http://www.synthmaker.co.uk/dokuwiki/do ... ac_version

Right now, if you need OSX, your best bet is to learn C++ & use a multi-platform SDK.
Edit: +1, but I already say "+ OSX" every 6 months or so ;)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby aliasant on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Got to bump it.

+23
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Postby infuzion on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:00 am

I would think the only way OSX would come in the near future is if a 4th dev were to join just for it.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby Acrobat on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:04 am

infuzion wrote:I would think the only way OSX would come in the near future is if a 4th dev were to join just for it.

Mac users (and devs for OSX) have a particular attraction/preference for "cool" applcations like SM surely is. I mean graphics, attention to detalis are good enough to stay on a Mac screen, SE is totally out from this point of view..
Acrobat
smaniac

Postby aliasant on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:09 am

Acrobat wrote:
infuzion wrote:I would think the only way OSX would come in the near future is if a 4th dev were to join just for it.

Mac users (and devs for OSX) have a particular attraction/preference for "cool" applcations like SM surely is. I mean graphics, attention to detalis are good enough to stay on a Mac screen, SE is totally out from this point of view..

Exactly.
When Im in SM I completely forget that Im on a pc. Until I need to do something like opening a file or check the time.......

But Im afraid infuzius is right.
But it cant be wrong to stick our noses out and say Mac.

Mac
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Postby infuzion on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 pm

... & not to mention that about half of the mp3 DJs & electronic musicians I know use Macs, often exclusively.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby jobro on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:34 pm

The reason that there is no mac version is:

- Does OSX support DirectX natively?
- Graphicwise it is a totaly different system and has to be rewritten from scratch.
- Soundwise the Mac has some different ways to handle audio.

So unless another dev steps up with the proper knowledge from both platforms and do the hard work converting all of these reasons then there could be a Mac version done.
jobro
smanatic

Re: Mac OSX version?

Postby colleenex on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 am

Is it possible to install a Mac OS X in an AMD based computer? So I just want to know if it's possible installing a Mac OS X with AMD as its processor? Sorry, I'm not good with computers.
Last edited by colleenex on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
colleenex
essemer

Postby infuzion on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:49 pm

colleenex wrote:Is it possible to install a Mac OS X in an AMD based computer? So I just want to know if it's possible installing a Mac OS X with AMD as its processor? Sorry, I'm not good with computers.
Search for "hackintosh AMD"
http://www.google.com/search?q=hackintosh+amd
Disclaimer: It is against Apple's Terms of Service to install OSX on anything but an Apple computer.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re:

Postby infuzion on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Bump for more votes for OSX VST export!

infuzion wrote:... & not to mention that about half of the mp3 DJs & electronic musicians I know use Macs, often exclusively.
At the Denver Ableton Live users group meetup I went to last Sunday, I took a visual survey of the laptops there:

6 Mac laptops
1 WinXP laptop, which is 5 years old & is 40% likely to be upgraded to a Mac as well.

Very sad, since I could give a presentation of SM there, but that would be pointless. Without OSX compatibility for VST export (I'm fine without an OSX editor), it is not worth while to build half of the VSTs I want to, since live with Live is my target audience. Good news is, that a Denver Cycling'74 employee has been laid off a few months ago, & may be looking for work...
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Re: Re:

Postby stw on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:38 pm

infuzion wrote:Bump for more votes for OSX VST export!

That would multiply the value of SM and the amount of potenetial customers alot!
stw
smanatic

Postby djkreature on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 am

Eh, mac don't need this, we got plenty of real good stuff going on right now for the Mother of All Computers.
Max for Live FTW, Sure if I was a beginner and needed an easy as playing with legos solution I'd just get a pc and play with Synthmaker and Fruitcake loops.
djkreature
essemer

Postby Tzarls on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:06 am

Right. This first post of yours shows us exactly how not-a-beginner-but-a-real-pro you are. Please, get back to your Mac and leave us lego-noobs alone.
Tzarls
smanatic

Next

Return to Ideas and Requests