I'm getting fed up with all the editor crashes
I'm still getting. They are less frequent than say 2 or even 1 year ago, but most of the crashes don't pick up the SM crash-reporter. Last one some how didn't make any recovery files, though I'd been editing files for 30 minutes!
This idea is roughly what Ableton Live & other softwares do to help track bugs:
A text/xml file is constantly written to when ever resources are loaded in the editor. This will help track bugs, since one can see how long the editor was open, what files it used, etc. I sometimes lose track of what I do, since I'll open 20 files in a session, & cut & paste everywhere, etc.
* Time stamps of when the editor is open & closed, & what files are open, closed, & saved.
* What external devises are used (MIDI controllers, audio cards, etc)
* The tracking txt/xml should auto-save every minute or so when new info needs to be recorded.
* Track what cut & pastes are done (atleast by module/primitive name)
* Track what modules are changed
* auto-save as incremental file names (eg MySynth 2009-12-05 13.44.22.osm, MySynth 2009-12-05 13.49.22.osm)