Search within schematic

Suggest new features, components or other changes to the software

Moderator: electrogear

Re: Search within schematic

Postby trogluddite on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Acrobat wrote:I use to label primitives a lot, do you?

Depends how late in the night it is! ;)
I always start off with good intentions of a nice 'self-dosumenting' schematic with lovely neat links - but it always gpes out of the window when I'm furiously debugging at 3am.
I've found that the best way is to start every session with a big cleanup of the mess I left the night before, hopefully before I've forgotten why I did what I did. Another good idea for a spare uninspired hour is to go through your toolbox and tidy and optimise its contents - most of my 'building block' modules have been optimised many times over as I've learned more about SM.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby Acrobat on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

yes, and it depends on the "amount of hurry" too.. but I think that a "search in labels" could be useful
as it will find also words contained in labels assigned to Wireless Links, something that a lot of people would appreciate, I guess. ;)
Acrobat
smaniac

Postby fabb on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:06 am

Acrobat wrote:search could have optional checkbox: "Search also in labels" - I use to label primitives a lot, do you?

just search in the labels too, no need for a check box.
fabb
essemist

Postby NightmareDream on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm

i super-agree concerning bookmarks :)

Like, when going around many non-parent modules :P
NightmareDream
essemer

Previous

Return to Ideas and Requests