Tutorial: Triggers (Part 3)

Until our dedicated user library is in place you can post examples and modules here

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

Re: Tutorial: Triggers (Part 3)

Postby adamszabo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am

When is the next part coming? I want to know more about reducing the cpu on dawings :)
adamszabo
essemilian

Postby trogluddite on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Hmmm, yes - I have rather run out of steam. Mostly, I just don't have the time that I used to. I do have a few half-done bits of examples, so maybe I will just post them as they are instead of waiting until I have time to create a proper .pdf.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 am

Very useful for even an oldtimer like me :)

Sorry but I did find a few minor bugs & suggestions:
Page 11: The closeup links did not match the zoomed out links
Page 14: Did you know there is a 1/x primitive? I'd also per-calcuate 2Pi. They will save both triggers & filesize.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby trogluddite on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm

infuzion wrote:Sorry but I did find a few minor bugs & suggestions

No need to apologise, any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated - professional publishers run their author's work via a proofreader and editor for good reason. TBH I am quite surprised that there have been so few "bugs" reported!
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby infuzion on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 am

trogluddite wrote:
infuzion wrote:Sorry but I did find a few minor bugs & suggestions

No need to apologise, any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated - professional publishers run their author's work via a proofreader and editor for good reason. TBH I am quite surprised that there have been so few "bugs" reported!
Do an user search for "infuzion" in the bugs sub-forum, & count ;)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby philter5 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm

i bet 50 % of infuzions post have been there 3:) ....while the other 50% are split to "Ideas and Requests" (30%)
and other topics ;)
Infuzion : ever thought about a carreer as commercial beta tester LOL?
---Yes, a piece of software CAN be your best friend---
philter5
smaniac

Postby infuzion on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:02 pm

philter5 wrote:Infuzion : ever thought about a carreer as commercial beta tester LOL?
I had; there is a testing company here in Denver that does alot of high-end testing, like for the XBox360, Sony Online, etc...
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby geekygenius on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 am

Great tutorial!
geekygenius
essemer

Postby trogluddite on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:15 pm

You're welcome - glad you liked it. :)
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby billv on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 am

My tip for first timers....

Do NOT read this tutorial on your CPU.
PRINT it out, stick it in a folder, and put it where you go for a smoke break, the back patio,
verandah, front porch.. wherever your own "smoking section" is.
Only takes a minute and a half to smash a smoke, and you don't have to think, Trog's made it
real easy-you can just stare at the pictures-do that 10 or 12 times every day-it really starts to
sink in.

And Trog, I don't wanna put any pressure on-but I am/we are sweating on the arrival of the
next installment. Xmas is coming Santa Claus....what have you got hiding in your bag...? ;)
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
Songwriting & Software Development.
billv
essemilian

Postby trogluddite on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

He he, cheers Billy.
That's partly why I always still do pdf's - I can't stand having to open a web browser just to look at the instruction for something. Bit like those Kindle things - nice idea, but I love to read while I'm having a nice hot bath!

Next installment. Hmmm, we'll have to wait and see. Whatever happens with SM vs. FS, triggers are still going to be important to understand, so I haven't ruled out doing some more work on it.
Or maybe I'll just write half of a Ruby tutorial to annoy the FS users! 3:) :)
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby billv on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

trogluddite wrote:Ruby tutorial to annoy the FS users!

That won't be annoying for people like me, who look at ruby and go "wtf".
trogluddite wrote:having a nice hot bath

I don't think many people have baths thesedays Trog. Everytime i mention going home, filling the
bath and pumping it full of "Radox" &"Epson salts", they look at me like I'm an alien. :)
Best thing after a really long day on your feet- but I don't read- I use it to meditate & diss-appear.
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
Songwriting & Software Development.
billv
essemilian

Postby jjs on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm

whaaaah! why did'nt i see this before???
thanks a lot mate, a lot to investigate :))
jjs
essemist

Postby RJHollins on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 am

Is there a Part 1 and 2 ???

Could not find :(

THANKS TROG !!!!!!!!
RJHollins
essemist

Postby trogluddite on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

RJHollins wrote:Is there a Part 1 and 2 ???

Sorry for the confusion - they are not separate parts, the .pdf has everything so far inside - should have wrote maybe 'Version 3'.
trogluddite
smychopath

PreviousNext

Return to Examples