Copy protection serial number stuff

Until our dedicated user library is in place you can post examples and modules here

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

Re: Copy protection serial number stuff

Postby aliasant on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:23 am

TomC wrote:
sunsynth wrote:
2.) If you have more than one (even virtual) Network card in your PC the Mac mod component outputs them with a comma separated (I hope the 1st Hardware one is also always the first in the output-string) ...please confirm!
(So if the user add or remove/replace one of his NW-Cards virtual or not U have 2 generate a new serial 4 him again)

Wow, that's important information. what if there are more than 1 disk?

malc, could you please post the output syntax of the 2 hardware primitives?

Muchas gracias,

Tom

I run a Mac Pro that has 2 built in networks and I have 3 drives. I run Win7 on it.
Have had some problems with my copy system lately. Havnt had time to look into it but if you need a platform to test on Im able to help. Seem to get different numbers from either the harddrive serial or the mac address. It changes every restart.
It's never to late to be late.....
http://martinrodensjo.smugmug.com/
aliasant
smunatic

Postby AngularMomentum on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:06 am

MyCo wrote:It's not a public holiday in Germany, it's just for the catholic part of Germany, and guess what: I'm not in such a region >:(

I am in the Catholic part in the Netherlands, (yes, my location Amsterdam is a decoy!) and we do not even have it.

Yeah Tom, I hope tommorow the weather will be a bit better, sucked the last few days, but this time we just go for shopping, 2 weeks ago we went to Monschau and forests in the neighbourhood, what a beautiful place that is. It is about a 35 minute drive from where I live.
AngularMomentum
deliverer

Postby sunsynth on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 pm

TomC wrote:

I only have external Harddrives: these are ignored so: Aliasant please look at it
sunsynth
smaniac

Postby aliasant on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:40 pm

sunsynth wrote:TomC wrote:

I only have external Harddrives: these are ignored so: Aliasant please look at it

Hmm. Im ignorant again.... Were are the files to use? Or should I use the MAC adress and HARDDRIVE serial in the Tool box. And what whould I look for?
aliasant
smunatic

Postby TomC on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

TomC wrote:[...] but I guess I'll find some time for the coding tomorrow
night.
Tom

Right now I have a theoretically working version, but there's a bug in the "infinite loop detector"
in SynthMaker (that is the heuristic that makes a connection red when it notices an infinite trigger
loop).
I definitely do NOT have such a loop (there's no back-propagating at all) but after a couple of
MAC-Address changes for tests everything becomes red.

Seems like I have to change my fix again, I hope a can do this over this weekend.

Sorry for the delay.

Tom
.signature failure
TomC
smanatic

Postby stw on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:12 pm

TomC wrote:Right now I have a theoretically working version, but there's a bug in the "infinite loop detector"
in SynthMaker (that is the heuristic that makes a connection red when it notices an infinite trigger
loop).
I definitely do NOT have such a loop (there's no back-propagating at all) but after a couple of

Tom

IIRC the connections do not only get red at an infinite loop but also on a calculations which exceed a certain time limit.
I had this sometimes when experimenting with some connected loop calculations.
Maybe there's something like that in your osm?
stw
smanatic

Postby rl on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 am

Additionally (as Malc told me once)...
In case a wire passes to much trigger signals in a certain time interval the wire will also turn red. This could happen, if there are lot's of submodules demanding triggers at the same time. A trigger blocker module does cure that behavior.
rl
dsp wiz

Postby sunsynth on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Here my changes 4 killing the loop:
@aliasant; look inside the HDSerial and Mac modul and check the $outs of the components with the same name...

P.S: I have mods inside this 2 Moduls so i only get 2 Ints...
Attachments
Hardware-key loop.JPG
Hardware-key loop.JPG (42.64 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
sunsynth
smaniac

Postby AngularMomentum on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:38 am

TomC wrote:
TomC wrote:[...] but I guess I'll find some time for the coding tomorrow
night.
Tom

Right now I have a theoretically working version, but there's a bug in the "infinite loop detector"
loop).

Seems like I have to change my fix again, I hope a can do this over this weekend.

Sorry for the delay.

Tom

No problem man, I'll wait patiently. :love:
AngularMomentum
deliverer

Postby TomC on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:29 pm

So, I've changed the computation of the hardware-ID to include the possibility of more than one network card.
I've tested up to 16 network cards without problem. [1]
It would be nice when malc would confirm that the available network cards REALLY are separated by a comma (no spaces or something else).

With the new hardware-ID computation the hash module shouldn't run into any internal integer overflow issues anymore.

I didn't have the time for my usual extensive tests, so please test and report back here.

Download link: Clicky here

Have all a nice weekend,
Tom

[1]: the computation needs a bit longer if you have that much network cards, about 0.5 sec per card.
.signature failure
TomC
smanatic

Postby AngularMomentum on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Woohoo!!! Good weekend to you too...I will test this now on different systems and report back. If everything works out, I will make changes to that mod I uploaded earlier in the thread...when all done I'll get you a free copy of the plugin.

Thank you very much Tom!
AngularMomentum
deliverer

Postby AngularMomentum on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Sofar as I can test now it lags the whole plugin, instead of using the Ticker 100, I changed it with a Ticker 25 (and of course it wil take ages then to re-authorise the plugin everytime you load it) but still everything is jerky. All my knobs seems to be stepped now....heheh.
AngularMomentum
deliverer

Postby sunsynth on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Not tested yours TomC but i prefer a different way:

Only use the 1st Mac-Address... ;)

Aliasant and i use a splitter 4 the Hex-Strings and i compute the resulting Int's in a special way ;)
btw: Exo's Char replacer is perfect 4 the Mac-Adr...

@AM: If U are interested in my working version... mail me my friend!

Walter
sunsynth
smaniac

Postby AngularMomentum on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Would be very nice. I'll PM you my email, as I had a PC crash I do not have yours temporarily.
AngularMomentum
deliverer

Postby aliasant on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Ok. Sunnyboy =)

Now I testted my own MAC adress and i get different numbers.

First time, when I created the serial and saved it to disk it used this as MAC address:
8C-43-20-52-41-53.20-41-53-59-4E-FF.00-17-F2-0F-DE-C4.00-17-F2-0F-DE-C5.00-16-CB-25-91-23

It all worked fine and the plugin loaded unlocked and all. Now I did a restart and when I launch the plug its not regged.
When it compared the text file were I saved that Mac address with the generated MAC they are not the same.
This is the new MAC after reboot ( notice the first 4 characters )
3C-E7-20-52-41-53.20-41-53-59-4E-FF.00-17-F2-0F-DE-C4.00-17-F2-0F-DE-C5.00-16-CB-25-91-23

I dont understand this, as so much else..., but is this related to the overflow issue or is this something else?
My fist idea to work around this was to strip the first 5 characters from the MAC., Maybe that would solve it but it would be nice to have an actual idea as to what is really going on.
aliasant
smunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Examples