For all people my Arctic synth + OSM to learn from free

Until our dedicated user library is in place you can post examples and modules here

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

For all people my Arctic synth + OSM to learn from free

Postby djbrynte on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm

actually i have to many synths going on so i dont need all synths. im gona share a sytnh with u guys. I made this one before the other ones. Mybe u have any ideas how to make it better. U can take all ideas whatever u want. Its all free mybe i release it for free. ANyway it contains some of the best waveforms for basses and more. 120 waveforms. Wana share this for all synthmaker users. Dont know what admin says about that. Mybe they wana make it for registred users only. Feels like im only taking like philter says. Need to share for other people who wana learn. So here u can learn from.
Basic + more 3 oscilators. Pretty advanced trancegate and more. I also shared ninjan in registred users forum over 700 waveforms lol. most made by me. Anyway here it is. I talk so much :P One thing dont just steal the design. I dont care if u make same loyaout. Just dont take the names or the Arctic tags. And stuff like that. And use this well. I cba making an dll file. ONLY OSM. Here it is also a screenshot. Not the best sorted synth but a good way on.

Synth / Arctic

Little virus like / But still made my own design of it.
Attachments
arctic.JPG
arctic.JPG (35.89 KiB) Viewed 7430 times
arctic1Ultimate3.osm
(834.81 KiB) Downloaded 1289 times
djbrynte
smanatic

Little Tutorial for the newbies.

Postby djbrynte on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Want to learn basics.

All synths is built like this. All u can see in the synth.

1. Main line goes to Midi to poly. There u make a outline to the porta knob. and voices knob. first thing people here learned me. Its allready in the midi to poly module. (Check my synth, porta is named glide there)

2. Then its connected detune whos connected before the osc to the oscilator / waveforms. After that its connected to a mix from each oscilator depends on how many oscilators u gona use. (Check the osm)

3. From the oscilators to the filter there u connect the Mod Env u use for cutting the filter. Also can connect Lfos to the filter and also the oscilators detune.

4. after that add the fx behind this. And then u got a synt hpretty simple u can check this synth to learn many of those things. If u have any questions just ask me or the pro guys in here. Im willing to help (So Spam me) just kidding I will try my best (Note im not a pro as exo oddson and mnay other guys in here) Hope ul learn sumthing from this cheers johan.

(Note administrors can correct me if they want. And there is no rules how to connect things. U should just follow ur feelings and ofc i cant say its no rules. Because u should follow some stuff when u make synths. But for the modulation u can connect how u want i think?) And gl with your synthmakings.
djbrynte
smanatic

Re: For all people my Arctic synth + OSM to learn from free

Postby djbrynte on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

ok il remove it no one seems intrested. I mean i posted this synth and no comments i can remove it asap.
djbrynte
smanatic

Postby philter5 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 pm

why do you want to remove it? you see almost 60 people have downloaded it, but you can´t expect that everybody
tests it directly after downloading and writes a post about it. and imagine everybody here would delete his uploaded OSM
if there is no / only a few comments... ;)
---Yes, a piece of software CAN be your best friend---
philter5
smaniac

Postby djbrynte on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:31 pm

i just wanted to hear if its usefull i mean. Like thnx this is nice i check it. Might be helpful for newbies its why i wonder why no one made any comments.
djbrynte
smanatic

Postby Jay on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:36 pm

well i will comment m8!

very good first synth attempt and quite an undertaking for someone so new to Synthmaker,i know you received a lot of help with it but still a fairly large project for newcomer and rather nice looking too

The OSM needs a good tidy up in the way its all connected inside and i think in doing so you would see a reduction of cpu cost (but then i am by no means any expert here) as well as making it a bit easier to read for the less initiated newbie!

Its great that you decided to post your osm for other newbies to learn from and it also lets the ppl who have helped you get this far,see that all their work on the forum is worthwhile!There is not really a great deal of full projects available as osm's on the forum so I'm sure it can be a useful addition to whats already there!

the synth its self could be quite good with some more work and cpu reduction! you should keep plugging away at it!

well done! :)

Best Regards
Jay
The history of science shows that theories are perishable.With every new truth that is revealed,we get a better understanding of Nature and our conceptions and views are modified. - Nikola Tesla.
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/
Jay
essemilian

Postby djbrynte on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:24 am

ye i know jay this is unfixed its more for newbies so they know how to connect for a 3 osc synth. But the other 3 synths i made is much better then this :) Some better optimizing in this synth and its ok :) but it why i posted it. I dont wana post my ultimate synths :P
djbrynte
smanatic

Postby sneakyalien on Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Brilliant synth mate.Just had a look around it and its helped me a bit.
sneakyalien
essemer

Postby yollik on Sun May 29, 2011 7:04 am

I will use this synth on an upcoming video for youtube. Of course I will mention who developed it :)
yollik
essemer

Postby jjs on Sun May 29, 2011 6:36 pm

This is a fantastic synth
Looks are just great!
You don't need much colour because most men are colour blind
Thats why many Labview build programs use very little colours

Thanks for letting us use your proggie to learn
as i am making my first synth i made much mistakes and it takes a lot of time to find the solutions wich in most cases are very simple (i you should know before its always simple)

looks a bit like novation synths but that's cool
most cars look a like too these days

think i am going to use some of your ideas, as also do with ideas from others.
Why invent the wheel twice...

thanks for you hard work, i really appreciate it!

regards,
jjs :)
jjs
essemist

Postby djbrynte on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Im glad to help guys. THis isent perfect synth. But its way on the road so you can make your own fantasic synths. I had some problems at the beginning but its some realy great pros here who helped me on the way.

I lost some intrest for little while doing synths prob it will come back later. Have fun!
djbrynte
smanatic

Postby 2nvu on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks very much for placing the OSM ' here ;) i will look forward to performing open_plan_surggery ;)
2nvu
essemist

Postby 2nvu on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Dude i have dloaded Artic' & tried to make some presets , with_in the Synth , but many times it drops a long note from pitch up to pitch down , as if a midi note is being trigger 'd when tweaking ' or moving any knobs , or what ever we do when creating presets,,, So it makes it very hard to work with in its present state, i think its a lovely Synth & i can see you have put a massive amount of time into the making of Artic' but as it is, its a sick little puppy ' it really needs a Digital_Doctor ' & as you say i have had a good look inside to see how you wire things up ' myself i am very much a Learner ! so i can not say what tweaking Artic needs,,,i have also used some of the great bits inside for a project of my own ' that 3 Osc ' setup is really very very good ' & all the Waves to chose from is so cool ' & they all sound nice & warm,,, superd work Dude, & the LFO'S & Ring_MOD ' That Synth really needs to be brought up to a good standard' i would love to make a full set of presets for it , it is hard work to do it as it is, at this moment in time, but having said all that, i did write some presets for it today ? in between my other Project from the MODS & OCS ' from with in Artic ,,, But anyway many many thanks for putting up the OSM ' of Artic ' Great work,,, But FFS Finish it off ???? ;) Jamie ,,,,, 2nVu,,,,, O:)
2nvu
essemist

Postby nix on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I maybe help Jamie,
if I get inspired to, I will try and de-bug it.
Cheers
nix
smaniac

Postby 2nvu on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 am

nix wrote:I maybe help Jamie,
if I get inspired to, I will try and de-bug it.
Cheers

Thanks Nix ' :) i am trying to do Presets ' for the Synth, & i am also trying to make it Trigger better than it does as it is. i think if you give it a little more time ? with the de-buging ' that will help very much ;) but i will still keep Making the presets ' plus i am still learning, from being able to look at how you constructed the Mods & so on , Thanks Jamie ' i hope you like the little Synth that i put together from using some of your great work ' Trashmach, its not really ment to be any kind of serious Synth , i just like to make stuff that i do use in my own music writting ' i am happy with that, i would,nt even Dream of attempting to sell anything ' lol perhaps in a few years, when i know more about how to construct the underbelly of a Synth / building my own Mods & so on ,,,, but for now, iam quite happy to just slap Mods together mainly other people's lol & see what i come up with ,,, i will keep pluggin away with ARTIC 3. :D
2nvu
essemist

Next

Return to Examples