exporting to 64 bit VST

For general discussions related to SynthMaker.

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

exporting to 64 bit VST

Postby DhyanMikael on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Is it possible to create a 64-bit plugin with SynthMaker?

Regards, Mikael
DhyanMikael
essemer

Re: exporting to 64 bit VST

Postby trogluddite on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi, welcome to SM.
No, sadly SM does not support 64bit at all. It currently uses the 2.3 version of the VST specification, which is now rather old - and there are only a very few SM components that are able to use 64 precision numbers (they use the 'D' symbol, meaning 'Double precision')
This feature has been requested - but there is no news whether the developers plan to include it any time soon.
Feel free to use any schematics and algorithms I post on the forum in your own designs - a credit is appreciated (but not a requirement).
Don't stagnate, mutate to create. Without randomness and serendipity the earth would be just another barren rock.
trogluddite
smychopath

Postby DhyanMikael on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

trogluddite wrote:Hi, welcome to SM.
No, sadly SM does not support 64bit at all. It currently uses the 2.3 version of the VST specification, which is now rather old - and there are only a very few SM components that are able to use 64 precision numbers (they use the 'D' symbol, meaning 'Double precision')
This feature has been requested - but there is no news whether the developers plan to include it any time soon.

Thank you for the information.

I would welcome the ability to make 64 bit plugins simply for the possibility to run a DAW without the need for a vst bridge to run 32 bit plugins. My DAW runs strictly with 64 bit plugins all the way through.
DhyanMikael
essemer

Postby gluon on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 am

this limitation + no VST osx export are the most problems for me at the moment

and those problems stuck me before buying it.
gluon
essemer

Postby infuzion on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 pm

gluon wrote:this limitation + no VST osx export are the most problems for me at the moment
and those problems stuck me before buying it.
I agree, + very limited 64bit audio (really non-existent)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby mayo on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 pm

VST2.4+, 64bit, OSX export, SDK
...and I can die happily ;)
mayo
essemer

Postby Nu Audio Science on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 pm

just for the record 64bit audio and calculations have nothing at all to do with the x64 vst standard (I know you all know this, just putting this in for search purposes and newbs)
Outsim have the ability to make SM export x64 plugins without supporting 64bit calculations internally (They need to do so, very quickly as some kind of stop gap measure i would say)
Oh blimey
Nu Audio Science
smunatic

Postby infuzion on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 am

Nu Audio Science wrote:Outsim have the ability to make SM export x64 plugins without supporting 64bit calculations internally (They need to do so, very quickly as some kind of stop gap measure i would say)
And vice-versa :)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby Nu Audio Science on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 am

Just bumping this and probably will on a weekly basis now
It is time Outsim added x64 export as soon as possible really

With the new multi sample modules it is even more important

NAS
Oh blimey
Nu Audio Science
smunatic

Postby Lui on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:30 am

Let's all bump this thread once a day, so the developpers finally give us the ability to export as 64bit plugins.
Who's with me?
Lui
essemer

Postby CoreStyler on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:49 am

mayo wrote:VST2.4+, 64bit, OSX export, SDK
...and I can die happily ;)

Yes. Sweet ;)
http://www.thecorestylerz.net
Sound Design, synth development and websites building...
SM COMMUNITY IS MOVING TO
www.synthmakers.net
CoreStyler
essemilian

Postby Lui on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 am

bump
Lui
essemer

Postby infuzion on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 am

The devs rarely, if ever read this board. Best to email support @ synthmaker
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby CoreStyler on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 am

Should be simple for outsim add x64 support. Since i think that a 32bit schematics can be wrapped on a 64bit plugin.
Then, in the future add some code for emt64.
http://www.thecorestylerz.net
Sound Design, synth development and websites building...
SM COMMUNITY IS MOVING TO
www.synthmakers.net
CoreStyler
essemilian

Postby Lui on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm

How about we all write them at once? We gather in this thread and then do it.

I bought SM Pro last June and now that I'm almost done with my plugin I will most likely have to get it re-programmed for tons of money before I can release it, just to get a 64-bit version and an AU version (I could do fine for now with just PC Vst, but 64bit)
If SM had 64bit export at least, it wouldn't make a plugin seem so amateurish. My DAW is Samplitude 64bit and running 32bit plugins works, but with a lot of disadvantages.

We gotta show the developpers that there is really an ugrent demand for 64bit, cause else SM is going to die.
Why should someone still buy SM, when it's not up to date with current requirements and the developpers forgot about it?

This community here will die one day, because people will give up on it and noone new will join.

I think that 64bit is the first thing we need, followed by others, but other things are not as crucial, because if there's something you can't do with SM (like solid timing) then you just use SM for other things.
But if SM plugins don't run in peoples' DAWs anymore, it will be dead. I don't think that running 32bit plugins bridged will be supportet by DAWs or accepted by people forever.

No 64bit also means no more new customers.

We need to alarm the developers, but one single e-mail every now and then won't have an effect.

So I wanna ask you to join this thread and post if you're willing to write them an e-mail on a specific day that we choose once enough people joined.

Please don't ignore this just cause I never contributed and just have like three posts, I'm just someone who rather works on his own and I've been busy with developing a plugin since last June. I learned so much by reading this forum though and I wanna thank all of you.

So who is gonna join me trying to get the developers to include 64bit export?
Lui
essemer

Next

Return to General