PCProject

Special collaborative projects managed by SynthMaker users

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

Re: Patch Cable Project

Postby philter5 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm

infuzion wrote:I was talking about reducing Frames Per Second.

hey infuzion how would you start on doing this? i have no cluue butt maybe you can point me to the right direction?

sunsynth wrote:dunno phil - but the 10 alone needs mucho CPU power!

Like u and DWB we all work simultaneously on different Midi Cable solutions...
My midi merger use only 5 Cable pairs - will post an exe soon on my site!

hey walther what kind of cpu usage do you have with the patch cables? okay it´s at least something but it isnt THAT much or is it? and how did you test it? inside sm or exported (using task manager)?
and what do you think about my midi cable workaround? ;)

phil
---Yes, a piece of software CAN be your best friend---
philter5
smaniac

Postby sunsynth on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Moin, moin Phil,

my project eats ZERO if untouched but with a dragged/animated cable it jumps to 22% CPU use.
I always look at the Sysinternals Process Explorer to check it!

I think it's the Draw loop and the corresponding triggers... maybe trigger blockers can help but i have no time at the moment 4 it - hope the creators with more insight can have a look or two ;)

I like ur trick but i needed 5 x 5 ins and outs so i needed to dig deeper...

P.S.: I really only needed a 2 in 1 and vice versa merger but u/we know the old story...
This and that could be useful 2 and the users needs more of... O:) 3:)
Attachments
Merger new small.jpg
Merger new small.jpg (43.61 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
sunsynth
smaniac

Postby infuzion on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 am

philter5 wrote:
infuzion wrote:I was talking about reducing Frames Per Second.
hey infuzion how would you start on doing this? i have no cluue butt maybe you can point me to the right direction?
I would say try my "heartbeat" trigger reducer. PM me with your email address if you want to send me the OSM to hack into it real fast.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby philter5 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm

@ infuzion: PM sent ;)
philter5
smaniac

Postby infuzion on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 am

philter5 wrote:@ infuzion: PM sent ;)
Please email me at the address I sent ;)
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby philter5 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:21 am

infuzion wrote:
philter5 wrote:@ infuzion: PM sent ;)
Please email me at the address I sent ;)

email sent ;)
philter5
smaniac

Postby Cyforce on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Looks like the patchcable are getting used .... without the credits or the builders :o
http://www.minimalsystem.com/darkstarinfo.html
http://www.CFA-Sound.com - Sounddesign, Patches, Samples & more
Cyforce
essemist

Postby philter5 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:36 pm

hard to say, but if you´re right :shame on the programmer! releasing stuff for money WITHOUT giving credits for
some great work (and with CREDITS i mean NOT MONEY but some names from the people who made it >:( )?
F**k off ! but since the project is available to every forum member we can´t avoid this kind of ripping.
i mean i started the patch cable project but in fact the hardest work has been done by the other user that have been involved in this project and if some honky tonky module ripper isn´t able to make his own patch cable and he has to rip it then he´s a poor guy. we will never know
philter5
smaniac

Postby infuzion on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:51 am

Legal action?
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby philter5 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:21 am

infuzion wrote:Legal action?

who knows? i will of course NOT spend 20 pounds for this synth but isn´t there a way to check this?
i remember somebody said it is possible to open the *.dll file with an editor ...
would be also interesting to know if the guy is a registered user who made this.
í´ll try to watch out for the first cracked version of this and install it on my test-computer hehe
try before you buy LOL 3:)
philter5
smaniac

Postby Tzarls on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:43 am

Hey guys, calm down. Just downloaded the demo and gave it a try. It really looks like it´s made with SM because of the looks and feel of the menus, the cursor changing to a hand when over a knob and the fact that it´s a 2.3 VST. And the noise burst that occurs every once in a while feels suspiciously familiar..... ;) BUT, at least in this demo, the cables are just part of the background, not meant to be repatched or anything. And if you look closely, these cables don´t hang the way our patch cables do.... so I guess the guy´s being accused for something he hasn´t done.

Nice GUI, BTW.
Tzarls
smanatic

Postby philter5 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 am

no no don´t get me wrong ;) , i was more joking. as i said in my first post we will never know, and for sure it´s very easy
for a lot of guys to make their own patch cable or at least implement a graphic in the background picture.
i downloaded it and i´ve seen that you can´t repatch it.
philter5
smaniac

Re: PCProject

Postby smokeysteve22 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Looking great guys.
smokeysteve22
essemer

Postby Acrobat on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

philter5 wrote:hard to say, but if you´re right :shame on the programmer! releasing stuff for money WITHOUT giving credits for
some great work (and with CREDITS i mean NOT MONEY but some names from the people who made it >:( )?
F**k off ! but since the project is available to every forum member we can´t avoid this kind of ripping.
i mean i started the patch cable project but in fact the hardest work has been done by the other user that have been involved in this project and if some honky tonky module ripper isn´t able to make his own patch cable and he has to rip it then he´s a poor guy. we will never know

I think we should go downtown in KVR from time to time and advice people that there's a SynthMaker Forum, active and free for many resources, that's the only way to keep people constantly aware they don't need to pay any of those bad guys. ;)

A.
Acrobat
smaniac

Re: PCProject

Postby philter5 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm

word! greets to italy andrea ;)
philter5
smaniac

PreviousNext

Return to Projects