Norbz Texturez, GFX, Knobs +MORE .OSM Series

Hints, tips and discussion about graphics and user interface elements

Moderators: electrogear, exonerate

Norbz Texturez, GFX, Knobs +MORE .OSM Series

Postby ncmedia on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:26 am

Hi gang.

I'm working FAST since being here, and am soon launching my SM stuff so as promised I'm starting a karma give back thread here because I've learned a ton from all the OSM's people have uploaded so I'd like to return the flavor.

I'll be sharing whatever I make within reason even if it's being released commercially. One thing I'm seeing that I can contribute to greatly here is the graphics library so you'll see me update this thread perdiodically with new .osm treats for you guys :)

Starting with (was supposed to be 10) 25 hi-res TEXTURES that I made (actually took photographs of textures around my own home with a Canon 7D and a big lens on macros with a high ISO to purposely get a grainy feel - and photoshopped them a bit). You get everything including the kitchen sink and my cat - I'm serious - Kitchen sink shots are AMAZING for that chromey look, and my cat is a bengal (looks like a leapord) so the pattern is nice/different...

The file is big because they are 1000x1000 and you can mask what you need or you can download the images as .jpg so you can crop/modify at will.

The OSM is 45mbs, so it might NOT be convenient for some, however what I recommend doing is simply opening the OSM and dragging whatever ones you like into your toolbox and just dump the osm if it gives you probs.

OSM:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58686678/norbztextures_osm.zip

.JPG'S
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58686678/norbztexturez.zip

** I don't have one of those upload accounts at any sites - if anyone cares to put them on one so I can take it off my server - I give full permission as long as it's not a 'get paid for your downloads' type sites.

EDIT: DropBox account now active DL's moved.

[YES] - Can I literally do anything I want with these and you'll never come after me?

[ONE EXCEPTION] - DO NOT SELL THEM AS THEY ARE - Meaning do not sell the textures as textures to others pls. Share them sure, Just don't monetize them by selling my .zip file or the images themselves. Monetize them by adding them to your synths and giving them that commercial quality look to help you sell your audio tools (or just to please your eyeballs if you don't sell anything..).

Next installment will have a bunch of actual interface pieces, panels, knobs, sliders, etc. - My first toy ended up looking really good and it all starts with nice textures imo:

ENJOY!
Norb (not knob).
Last edited by ncmedia on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
ncmedia
essemer

Re: Norbz Texturez, GFX, Knobs +MORE .OSM Series

Postby Yuroun on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks. It allways usefull to have textures.
Yuroun
essemist

Postby acg2010 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks ncmedia.
acg2010
essemist

Postby Dell on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 pm

ncmedia wrote:** I don't have one of those upload accounts at any sites - if anyone cares to put them on one so I can take it off my server - I give full permission as long as it's not a 'get paid for your downloads' type sites.

[YES] - Can I literally do anything I want with these and you'll never come after me?

[ONE EXCEPTION] - DO NOT SELL THEM AS THEY ARE - Meaning do not sell the textures as textures to others pls. Share them sure, Just don't monetize them by selling my .zip file or the images themselves. Monetize them by adding them to your synths and giving them that commercial quality look to help you sell your audio tools (or just to please your eyeballs if you don't sell anything..).

Next installment will have a bunch of actual interface pieces, panels, knobs, sliders, etc. - My first toy ended up looking really good and it all starts with nice textures imo:

ENJOY!
Norb (not knob).

Cheers ncmedia!

I can upload the files to one of my Clouds if your server is becoming overloaded. Why not just join a Cloud server? There are many that are available free of charge.
Dell
essemilian

Postby ncmedia on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Cheers guys.

Yeah I'm going to have to setup an account - most of my shares will be big so next time I'm on the one I keep seeing from here re where most of you host your .osm's I'll do the deed (have been hesitant, yet another account somewhere... but do see the value and my server is big but no reason to be hitting limits because of free shares or random spikes if something gets really popular).

NC.
ncmedia
essemer

Postby Dell on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Setting up a cloud server would be beneficial for you due to being a graphic designer. You could try Microsoft's Skydrive (If you want to have a server in the States) as it was aimed for photo sharing.

Cheers!
Dell
essemilian

Postby Yuroun on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 am

Dell wrote:Setting up a cloud server would be beneficial for you due to being a graphic designer. You could try Microsoft's Skydrive (If you want to have a server in the States) as it was aimed for photo sharing.

Cheers!

Dropbox will work too.
Yuroun
essemist

Postby bootsy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 am

thanks for sharing!
Come and visit my Blog: Variety Of Sound
bootsy
essemilian

Postby adamszabo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am

Hmm, using the knobs loopey posted in a commercial product is not a good idea me thinks: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10548&p=78636&hilit=reflektor#p78636
adamszabo
essemilian

Postby ncmedia on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:52 am

I haven't been here in a lil' while due to our next release (happening March 20th - check out btvsolo.com it's a big project) however I just PM'ed Loopey to see if he minds that I use his knob (that so doesn't sound right).

In the near future I'll be releasing my other main project with the above being an add-on, and will then release a nice set of dials, buttons, and sliders, and other random stuff I've been making in the background here while in the dungeon and in between production sessions.

Thanks for the heads up though, perhaps it was silly of me to assume that when people share here, including me, it's going to be used commercially and otherwise so just to be clear on my shares = you can use them in your commercial releases no matter what I release source files to. Not to take anything away from those that want to keep their stuff away from commercial releases so if loopey prefers it be changed I will gladly do so :).

Cheers!
NC.
ncmedia
essemer

Postby loopeytunes on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 am

ncmedia wrote:however I just PM'ed Loopey to see if he minds that I use his knob (that so doesn't sound right).
HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not that I mind my things being in a commercial project it's the fact that these knobs and a few others aren't mine they're replicated.

When you downloaded the osm/s from my threads I always put a little comment inside the osm stating whether the designs are mine or not.

If they're my designs anyone can use as they like.

If they're replicated then copyright remains the original authors. So using these in a commercial/free project is definitely not a good idea.

Sorry

Loopey
loopeytunes
essemilian

Return to Graphics